End capped assemblies allow for much higher transmitted powers by reducing the power density to a level below the damage threshold. Shaped end cap tips can be tailored to specific laser launch conditions and applications.
Fiberguide’s proprietary laser polishing process minimizes surface imperfections, and maximizes power handling. Additionally, high power SMA and D-80 compatible connector options offer superior thermal management while minimizing connector stress for NA conservation. An epoxy free cantilevered nose design (available in select versions) can also minimize laser and heat damage to surrounding materials.
End cap diameters and lengths are offered for select numerical apertures and fiber cores size, but can be easily customized for a variety of fiber types and specialized applications.
When selecting optical cable assemblies for power delivery systems, designers must consider the power limitations of the three main components of the cable assembly: the base material, the input connector, and the mode stripper (if applicable). Read more about the design considerations and guidelines for end caps on our spec sheet.
- Standard Fiber Type: Step Index Multimode Core Sizes, 50μm – 400μm; other fiber types (e.g., singlemode, graded index) available upon request.
- Wavelengths: 190nm – 1250nm (High OH) / 300nm – 2400nm (Low OH)
- Standard Numerical Aperture: 0.20 or 0.22
- Connector Options: High Power SMA, High Power FD-80
- Sheathing Options: PVC Coated Stainless Steel Monocoil, Bare Stainless Steel Monocoil
- Power Handling Capacity: Up to 3 kW, depending on fiber size and laser specifications
- Standard Temperature Range: -40°C to +100°C (-40°F to +212°F)
Please see the Spec Sheet for further information.